This cake is super simple and delicious to eat with icing, butter cream, strawberries, anything you can think of!
- 140g plain chocolate
- 100ml milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 140g butter (extra for greasing)
- 140g sugar
- 3 eggs separated
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Break up the chocolate and place in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted.
- Add the milk and cocoa powder and mix.
- Put the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks, then the crème fraiche and the melted chocolate mix.
- Sit the flour and soda then fold.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff enough to hold firm peaks.
- Fold it into the main mixture.
- Divide the mix into two greased cake tins and put into the oven for 35-40mins checking on it regularly.
- Once cold, add on any topping you fancy.