This is one of the most popular of my treats with my friends at university. I made this dish along with Tiffin and Apple and Cinnamon tray bake for a Macmillan Coffee Morning to raise money – I took these treats with me to uni classes and they were a huge hit with my class mates.
It’s super easy to make and is something that you can make with the kids as well. It’s really delicious and goes a long way.
- Rice Crispies – 100g
- Mini Marshmallows – big handful
- Golden Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 100g
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- White Chocolate Chips
- A small baking tray
- Put the butter, golden syrup, and marshmallows into a saucepan and heat at the lowest temperature until melted together. Keep stirring it constantly so that it doesn’t burn.
- Once everything is melted, turn off the heat and mix in the rice crispies, making sure they are completely covered.
- Spoon the mix into the baking tray and press it down flat.
- Sprinkle over the sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Put in the fridge to set, when you’re ready to eat it either cut it up and serve.