This is a super delicious dish that I made to encourage my son to eat more vegetables – we used the courgettes he grew in the garden! I thoroughly enjoyed eating this meal it was really creamy.
- Butter – 100g
- Plain Flour – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 pints
- Mature Cheddar – 200/300g
- Dijon Mustard – half tsp
- Pepper for seasoning
- Courgette – 1
- Ham – chopped into pieces (optional)
- Oil – splash
- Pasta – 500g
- Put a pan of water on to boil. Once boiling add in the pasta.
- Slice courgette into thin circles and put in a frying pan with oil. Cook once the water is boiling.
- Chop ham into pieces and put to the side for serving.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and mix with the plain flour until it’s a paste.
- Add in milk little by little until it’s all mixed in and smooth.
- Once thickened, add the mature cheddar until melted into the sauce and thick.
- Add Dijon mustard and season with pepper.
- Once the pasta has been cooked and drained, mix in the cheese sauce.
- Serve with the courgette and ham.