In preparation for the coffee morning that I hosted recently, I came up with this recipe. I thought it would be nice to have a seasonal treat that is filled with the flavours we love to associate with this time of year – apples & cinnamon.
- 175g Butter
- 6 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 175g Demerara Sugar
- 350g Porridge Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Once completely melted add the sugar and golden syrup. Mix until everything is melted and mixed together.
- Pour in the oats, apple and cinnamon making sure to stir thoroughly so the spice is mixed right through.
- Grease a baking tray and squish the mixture into the tray making it compact and flat.
- Bake at 150C for 40mins. Once baked place in the fridge to harden before slicing into squares.