I made this recipe for the first time the other day and was extremely happy with the result. The loaf was a refreshing change of pace from our regularly made chocolate cake. Moist and sweet, this banana bread is the perfect afternoon snack!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 240g icing sugar
- 200ml water
- 1tbsp passion fruit puree
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl until smooth.
- Beat the eggs and mix them into the bowl.
- Add in the crushed bananas and stir.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin and put in the oven at 180C for 60 mins. Keep a check on the mixture, as all ovens are slightly different, some may cook quicker than others.
- Stick a knife in the top to check if it’s done. The knife should come out without any mixture on when it’s done.
- Whisk together in a bowl, the icing sugar and passion fruit puree, stirring in the water very slowly until it is a watery mixture.
- Poke holes in the top of the loaf while still warm, with a fork.
- Pour the puree mixture over the loaf, making sure it soaks in the holes and around the edge of the loaf.
- Once cooled remove the loaf from the tin and serve.
What sweet treats do you like to serve your guests? Let us know in the comments below!